- Prep Time: 15m
- Cook Time: 30m
- Total Time: 45m
- Yield: 36 small brownies
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 (11.5 ounce) package chocolate chunks
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ cup dark chocolate cocoa powder
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 10 Oreo cookies, coarsely crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Butter a 13 X 9 baking dish. Line it with parchment paper or foil, and then butter the parchment or foil (this ensures extra easy removal from the pan).
- In a large bowl whisk together the melted butter and granulated sugar until it\'s nice and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one as a time, mixing well between each addition. Then mix in the vanilla.
- In another medium bowl, whisk together the flour, dark chocolate cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Gradually mix it into the wet mixture. Then stir in the chocolate chunks.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread it out evenly. Bake for 30 minutes, or until a pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the brownies cool completely.
- In a small sauce pan bring the heavy cream to a simmer. Remove it from the heat and stir in the chocolate chips until smooth. Then stir in the butter. Pour the frosting over the brownies and spread evenly. Refrigerate to speed up the ganache set-up. Top with the crushed Oreos.
- I like to refrigerate these before cutting but it\'s not required. Lift the foil or parchment from the pan, and peel away from the sides of the brownies. Cut into 36 small squares.