- Yield: 3 JUMBO APPLE EYEBALL
- Round Apples (I used 3 Jumbo Granny Smith Apples but use any size)
- 14 ounces Caramel (I used Brach\'s Caramels and unwrapped each piece)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 14 ounces White Chocolate Candy Coating
- Gummy Eyes (I used Monsters INC Gummy EyeBalls from Target)
- Edible Red Sparkle Gel (Wilton) or Red Chocolate Candy Coating
- Popsicle Sticks or Candy Sticks
- (I used candy sticks and slipped paper straws over them)
- Prepare the apples by washing them and removing any wax build up that is on them.
- Remove stems and insert a stick into the tops/core of the apples.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or buttered wax paper.
- Unwrap the caramels and toss them into a medium sized bowl with 2 tablespoons of water.
- Using a double broiler method, melt the caramels. This should take about 15 minutes. (Or you can melt them in the microwave in 30 second bursts, stirring after each trip to the microwave. )
- Once the Caramel is melted, dip the apples into the caramel and twist them to cover the apple. Place them on to the prepared baking sheet.
- Let the caramel apples cool and firm up. (If your house is too warm try to stick them into the fridge for a little while to firm up)
- Next, melt the white chocolate in the microwave in 30 second bursts, stirring after each trip to the microwave. Once melted, dip the caramel apples into the white chocolate, twirling to coat.
- Set them on the baking sheet and let the chocolate harden.
- Use a little of the melted white chocolate and \\\"glue\\\" the eye balls onto the apples.
- Use the Edible Red Sparkle Gel to draw the red zig zags on the apples.
- **Please note that the Edible Red Sparkle Gel will not harden. If you want the red to harden on the apples use the Red Chocolate Candy Coating instead.
Leave a Reply